Once connected to the platform, you will receive 4 types of notifications, each of which is explained below:
1. The message You have new activity appears when new content (posts or comments) has been posted in groups you are a member of AND which you have chosen to appear in your news feed (the default option). Click on the message You have new activity to show this activity.
2. A small dot is displayed in the left-hand navigation menu next to the news feed and next to a group name when new content (posts or comments) has been posted.
3. The NEW icon appears on each new message or comment.
4. The bell notification appears when:
- A user mentions you
- A user assigns you to a post
- One of your polls receives a vote
- A user likes your post
- A new group has been created
- Another administrator grants you admins rights.
- A user asks to join a private group (if your privileges enable you to accept them)
- A new user registers (for admins only)
- A group administrator add you to a group
- Your request to join a private group has been accepted
- An event you're going to attend will start
Being notified of new activity away from the platform